Why Get Preventative Maintenance
The number one cause of heating and air conditioning system failures is homeowners not having routine preventative maintenance performed on their equipment. Regular comprehensive maintenance on your system increases efficiency and extends the life of your system, because just like your car, your HVAC system needs preventative maintenance to continue operating in good condition.
An easy way to have this maintenance performed regularly is by becoming a member of one of our maintenance plans today! Members automatically receive pre-season check-ups twice a year where your system will be professionally inspected, cleaned, and tuned-up. You’ll also receive benefits like priority service and special discounts.
What We Do
We’ve included a list here to give you insight to what our maintenance plan looks like for members. Our procedure includes:
- Regularly inspect filter
- Inspect inside coils
- Inspect primary & secondary drains
- Inspect, clean, and adjust blower components as necessary
- Lubricate all moving parts (where applicable)
- Tighten all loose electrical connections
- Monitor air conditioner operating pressures for proper refrigerant charge
- Monitor voltage and average draw on all motors and heaters
- Monitor air conditioning and heating cycles
- Inspect heat exchanger and burners
- Adjust gas pressure as necessary
- Inspect pilot operation and adjust as necessary
- Monitor flue draft for safe operation
- Test safety operation
- Adjust air flow for proper temperature rise and fall
- Monitor thermostat operations
What You Can Do
While becoming a maintenance program member provides the promise for an efficient and effective system, there are also several things you can do as a homeowner to ensure longevity in the life of your system.
- Make sure you have a clean filter monthly and change it when it’s dirty. Always have several filters on hand.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat. You can save energy by programming the temperature so the system doesn’t run so much while you are away.
- The outside condenser unit coils need to be free of dirt, leaves, grass and whatever else may inhibit proper airflow across the condenser coil.
- Check your air handler or furnace and vacuum for any dust or debris in and around the unit. Dirt can clog the air flow and it can overwork the equipment.
- Vacuum the dust from all the air registers around your house.
- Check vents and make sure they are clear of furniture, rugs, drapery, etc., to let air flow freely.
- Have your HVAC system serviced seasonally: Primarily in the Spring and Fall.
- Do not hesitate to contact us for questions, service or second opinions regarding your a/c and heating needs.
Spencer Heating and Air is a trusted American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning dealer in Auburn, AL. Our professional staff can answer any questions you might have, and make recommendations as to which system will work better for your individual situation.
You may also call us at 334-887-9020 or email us at email@example.com.