As today marks the first day of spring, that also means allergy season has arrived. Spring allergies can have everyone feeling down in the dumps. From sneezing and coughing to runny noses and itchy eyes, allergies can impact your way of life and your chance to enjoy the warm weather, beautiful blooms, and sunshine that spring brings. To get ahead of allergy season, follow these tips and have an allergy-free spring.
Limit Allergen Exposures
During springtime, the largest allergen impacting you will be pollen. The first tip for having an allergy-free spring is to limit allergen exposures. Start out by avoiding activities that will expose you to pollen such as getting outside in the early morning when pollen counts are high, mowing the lawn, and gardening. Another tip is to monitor the pollen counts in your area before getting outdoors. Removing clothing and shoes when you re-enter your home after being outdoors is another great tip as pollen can collect on those items.
Clean the Air In Your Home
Although you can’t completely avoid pollen and other allergens from getting in your home, there are several steps you can take to reduce allergens affecting the air you breathe in your home. Follow these steps to help clean the air in your home for an allergy-free spring!
HVAC System Tasks
To clean the air in your home, it is important to think about your HVAC system that is working to keep you comfortable in your home while also filtering the air inside your home. To ensure you keep as many pollutants out of your home as possible, these tips are a great way to reduce allergens and keep you breathing clean, fresh air this spring.
- Check your air filters on your HVAC system and change them if needed. Dirty air filters will not work as efficiently, and they will be unable to filter your air properly.
- Schedule routine maintenance to make sure your system is working its best to clean and filter your air.
- Clean your floors and carpets frequently. As we come in and out of our homes, pollen, dirt, and pet dander can collect quickly on our floors and carpets which can lead to more allergy symptoms. By cleaning your home frequently, you’ll be better able to enjoy an allergy-free spring!
The Most Important Step
This needed a point of its own: Air Purification. With advanced technological innovations, we’re able to bring top-of-the-line air purification systems right into your home for an affordable price. This means getting rid of up to 99.9% of airborne allergens like pet dander, dust and dirt, pollen, fungal growth, and even harmful bacteria and viruses from your home. Some air purification systems even work to eliminate odors and static electricity.
Get ahead of your Allergy Symptoms
After following these tips and tricks, you may still have some allergy symptoms. Other ways to alleviate spring allergies include over the counter medicines, nasal sprays, and home remedies to combat your allergy symptoms. Try some of these methods if you’re still fighting off allergies.
- Rinse sinuses with saline solution to clear your nasal passages.
- Take over the counter allergy medicines.
- Drink herbal teas with raw, local honey. Honey has anti-inflammatory properties and can help your body get acclimated to the pollen in your area.
- Incorporating house plants in your home can freshen and clean the air to help keep you breathing fresh, high quality air.
Enjoy the spring season allergy-free! Keep your home feeling fresh and clean with an air purification system from Spencer Heating & Air. If you have any questions about our systems or have any problems with your HVAC system, contact us at (334) 887-9020 or visit our website for more information. We are here to help with all HVAC systems in Auburn, Opelika, Dadeville, Lake Martin, and the surrounding areas.
Spencer Heating & Air is your local American Standard Customer Care Dealer in Auburn, AL. We want you to have the best in home comfort, so we constantly share tips on how to do so. Be the first to know when our blogs are posted by following us on Facebook and Instagram.