When it comes to your comfort, we know there’s more to it than just keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Spencer Heating and Air wants to make sure you’re comfortable every day of the year without having to sacrifice quality, efficiency, or money! For this reason, we highly recommend investing in a programmable or smart thermostat if you don’t already have one. After choosing the best one to fit the needs of your family, your home, and your budget, read this article for tips on how to properly control your thermostat to get the most out of your new device.
Figure Out a Daily Schedule
Chances are, you’re gone for a large portion of most days during the week. Most households are unoccupied for around 8 hours a day, which can help you save big on your monthly electricity bill. By setting your thermostat based on when you wake up, leave your home, return home and go to sleep, you can save energy while having your comfort in sync with your lifestyle.
We’ve listed out some daily programming tips for scheduling your home’s comfort settings:
- Decrease your heat or increase your air by at least 5 degrees 30 minutes before going to sleep each night.
- In the morning, have the heat and cooling back to normal 30 minutes before waking up.
- Turn your heating or air conditioning down/up 10 degrees 30 minutes before leaving your home.
- 30 minutes before you return, have the temperature set to normal again.
- Repeat throughout the week.
Figure Out a Weekly Schedule
Another important aspect of programming your thermostat is to determine how it can be set up for the week. Our programmable and smart thermostats each have different settings for how you can schedule your temperatures throughout the week. Our most popular thermostats and a few of their features are listed below.
- Standard programmable thermostats: these thermostats allow you to program in your schedule for each day of the week. They are quick to install and work with most comfort systems.
- Smart thermostats: Spencer Heating & Air offers several great models of smart thermostats. We often recommend the American Standard 1050 or 850 controls because they work best with high-efficiency equipment. They both offer large, easy to use touch screens and can be controlled from any device. These thermostats can also tell your comfort system how to regulate humidity in your home, which is a big factor in our climate. Smart thermostats are a great investment that can help your household be more efficient every day.
Programmable and Smart Thermostats are great to keep up with your normal schedule, or for times when your schedule changes, such as going on vacation or staying home for a long weekend. We always recommend these thermostats for our customers so they can always make changes to their home comfort depending on their lifestyle, or the weather.
At Spencer Heating and Air, we offer a number of programmable thermostats so you can choose the right one for your unique lifestyle. With the ever-changing, internet-enabled world, we’ve made it possible to control your comfort from your fingertips with our Nexia Smart Thermostats.
Want to keep holding on to traditional thermostats? Our American Standard hard-working, reliable thermostats suit every system and any budget while still giving you control of your home’s comfort right at your fingertips.
Spencer Heating & Air is a trusted American Standard Heating and Air Conditioning dealer in Auburn, AL. Our professional staff can answer any questions you might have, and make recommendations as to which system will work better for your individual situation.You may also call us at 334-887-9020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.